st: RE: RE: asclogit & margins

From   "Arulampalam, Wiji" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: asclogit & margins
Date   Wed, 18 May 2011 20:55:08 +0100

Thanks Nick. No, I did not try -mfx- since I have a lot of interacted
variables and I need the marginal effect/average partial effect with
respect to the continuous variable.

Professor Wiji Arulampalam
Department of Economics
University of Warwick
Coventry CV4 7AL
Tel: +44 (0)24 76523471
Fax: +44 (0)24 76523032

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: 18 May 2011 19:59
To: ''
Subject: st: RE: asclogit & margins

Not necessarily. Did you try -mfx-?

Arulampalam, Wiji

Could someone please tell me whether I can use margins with asclogit.

I have a continuous variable - say x, interacted with one dummy - say

I used:  asclogit choice c.x#i.d1, case(id) alternatives(altcode)

I got: factor variables and time-series operators not allowed

does this mean that I have to calculate the marginal effects myself?