st: asclogit & margins

From   "Arulampalam, Wiji" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: asclogit & margins
Date   Wed, 18 May 2011 19:53:16 +0100

Dear list users,
Could someone please tell me whether I can use margins with asclogit.

I have a continuous variable - say x, interacted with one dummy - say

I used:  asclogit choice c.x#i.d1, case(id) alternatives(altcode)

I got: factor variables and time-series operators not allowed

does this mean that I have to calculate the marginal effects myself?

Many thanks.

Professor Wiji Arulampalam
Department of Economics
University of Warwick