st: RE: asclogit & margins

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: asclogit & margins
Date   Wed, 18 May 2011 19:59:22 +0100

Not necessarily. Did you try -mfx-?

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Arulampalam, Wiji

Could someone please tell me whether I can use margins with asclogit.

I have a continuous variable - say x, interacted with one dummy - say
d1.

I used:  asclogit choice c.x#i.d1, case(id) alternatives(altcode)

I got: factor variables and time-series operators not allowed
r(101);

does this mean that I have to calculate the marginal effects myself?