RE: st: reshape WDI from wide to long format

From   Jan Bryla <JBR@finansraadet.dk>
Subject   RE: st: reshape WDI from wide to long format
Date   Mon, 16 May 2011 22:04:23 +0200

I guess you are interested in a format ready for repeated cross-section analysis. In that case I have had some succes using the work of Joseph Cohen to load WDI data in for analysis:

http://josephncohen.com/category/datamethods/

I think he in fact post the transformed data on his website.

Hth
Jan Bryla

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: 16. maj 2011 21:08
To: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Subject: RE: st: reshape WDI from wide to long format

Sorry, but I am not going to go away to read a paper to try to understand your question. Whether I helped to write it is immaterial.

Someone else may be willing to engage with you on your own terms, or know what you are talking about.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Sami Alameen

I meant the second reshape, As you know I had to reshape long first
THEN reshape wide, the problem appeared after the reshape wide.