Re: st: compare panel line plots

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: compare panel line plots
Date   Tue, 10 May 2011 09:30:49 +0200

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:16 PM, May Ster wrote:
> However, line Y time || line Yhat time doesn't give the grapy by
> panel. It is just summed up all the panels altogether in one graph.

twoway line Y time || line Yhat time, by(panel)

If the data is not sorted correctly you can easily end up with "modern
art", so I typically add the -sort- option:

twoway line Y time, sort || line Yhat time, by(panel) sort

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen