RE: st: FW: population attritutable risk fraction and xi in logistic regression

From   "Fitzmaurice, Ann E." <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: FW: population attritutable risk fraction and xi in logistic regression
Date   Sat, 7 May 2011 18:33:51 +0100

Thank you for your comments, I have managed to get the logistic regression working and the code is below , I realise the if might looks a bit messy but it works,

I looked at using aflogit, but have found punaf, which generates the population attributable fraction, but am unsure of what the output means

Looking at the punaf code below, the variable bir_grp2 is the exposure I am interested in and it has four levels with the reference category the fourth, does the output give the parf for the first birth group??????

 Regards

Ann

xi: logistic preterm2 i.bir_grp2 i.age_gp2a i.ht_grp1a i.delt2a_m i.lab_ty2a  i.dcom_mr ///
i.bpre2c i.bsex2a i.pet2a_mr  i.uti2a_mr i.aph2a_mr i.age_gp2a*i.bir_grp2 ///
i.ht_grp1a*i.bir_grp2   i.delt2a_m*i.bir_grp2  i.lab_ty2a*i.bir_grp2  ///
i.aph2a_mr*i.bir_grp2 if (preterm2 ~= . & gestgrp2 >= 1 & bir_grp2 >= 1 & age_gp2a >= 1 & ///
ht_grp1a >= 1 & mstat2b >= 0 & hsc2a_mr >= 1 ///
 &delt2a_m>=1 &lab_ty2a>=1&bpre2c>=1 &  bsex2a>=1 ///
 & age_gp2a ~= .  ///
 & ht_grp1a ~= . & mstat2b ~= . & hsc2a_mr ~= . ///
 &delt2a_m ~= . &lab_ty2a ~= . &bpre2c ~= . &  bsex2a ~= .),  or

    punaf, at(_Ibir_grp2_1) eform

downladed within stata  using ssc install
PUNAF: Stata module to compute population attributable fractions for cohort studies

http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/s457193.html