st: Re-using multiple imputation data

From   Mosi Ifatunji <>
Subject   st: Re-using multiple imputation data
Date   Sat, 7 May 2011 10:41:43 -0400

I am currently working on several papers. In each paper I have used multiple imputation to address missing data. The problem is that whenever I want to conduct analysis for different papers, I have to go back through the multiple imputation procedure (using the same 'random seed') in order to continue working on the data. My question is, after I have generated the multiple datasets and have them saved, how to I go back to using them again without having to go back through multiple imputation?

All my best,

Mosi A. Ifatunji, Ph.D. Candidate
Race and Difference Initiative
Dissertation Research Fellow
Emory University
201 Dowman Drive
Atlanta, Georgia 30322
Cell/text: (312) 607-2825
Twitter: @ifatunji

"Power concedes nothing without a demand."
                          - Frederick Douglass, 1857