st: FW: population attritutable risk fraction and xi in logistic regression

From   "Fitzmaurice, Ann E." <a.e.fitzmaurice@abdn.ac.uk>
Subject   st: FW: population attritutable risk fraction and xi in logistic regression
Date   Sat, 7 May 2011 15:13:20 +0100

Good afternoon

I would like to calculate the PAFR after logistic regression  with and without interactions of the form-

Logistic dependent var1 list of variables var1*each of the variables in the list using xi

Var1 has four groups , and this is where I think the problem may be

The first problem got was that the use of xi did not like interactions (do not understand why), so I removed the interactions, but using aflogit, this couldn't find  var1

This is the command I used

aflogit bir_grp2, cc

can anyone explain how to get this fraction from the adjusted model , can it be calculated in stata or by hand and if so does anyone have an example that I can follow

thanks

ann

Ann E Fitzmaurice
Medical Statistician