st: xtfrontier tvd

From   Apurba Shee <shee.apurba1@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: xtfrontier tvd
Date   Thu, 5 May 2011 23:39:31 -0400

I am using xtfrontier command to estimate time varying decay model..
xtfrontier logdvar logindvars, tvd

I am running this production frontier for data in different sectors.
For some sectors this is working fine. But for other sectors this
command is unable to estimate the production frontier parameters and
showing that the loglikelihood is not concave and the iterations go on
forever. This is happening for a lot of dataset. But in these dataset
time invariant model (xtfrontier, ti) is working fine. I was wondering
if anyone can address the issue on how to estimate production frontier
in this situation.  Thanks

Apurba