st: nonlinear maximum likelihood with ml

From   <>
To   <>
Subject   st: nonlinear maximum likelihood with ml
Date   Tue, 3 May 2011 10:22:18 +0100

Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 17:56:57 -0400
From: Tatyana Deryugina <>
Subject: st: nonlinear maximum likelihood with ml

Is there any way to use "ml" to estimate a non-linear equation? I'm
trying to estimate the parameters of the distribution of an outcome
(Y) assuming that Y follows a Beta distribution with parameters that
depend on some X's. It's easy to write down the log likelihood
function, but the equation for Y is non-linear. If "ml" doesn't work,
I was considering using moptimize. If anyone else has any suggestions,
I'd be really grateful!

-ssc install betafit-

Professor Stephen P. Jenkins <>
Department of Social Policy and STICERD