Re: st: nonlinear maximum likelihood with ml

From   Maarten buis <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: nonlinear maximum likelihood with ml
Date   Tue, 3 May 2011 08:01:53 +0100 (BST)

--- Tatyana Deryugina
> I'm trying to estimate the parameters of the distribution of an outcome
> (Y) assuming that Y follows a Beta distribution with parameters that
> depend on some X's. It's easy to write down the log likelihood
> function, but the equation for Y is non-linear.

There is no need to program that yourself as that has already been
implemented in Stata in the -betafit- package, type in Stata:

ssc desc betafit

Hope this helps,
Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie