st: Outputting results to a new dataset

From   "brad.cannell" <>
Subject   st: Outputting results to a new dataset
Date   Mon, 02 May 2011 14:23:18 +0000 (GMT)

Generally, I would like to learn the equivalent of SAS's "out=dataset" option. Specifically, I'm working on descriptive tables for a report right now. I'm running proportions on categorical variables, and I would like stata to save those proportion estimates as a new dataset that I can quickly and easily use to make graphs. In SAS I would just type:

Proc Freq data="">
tables agecat / out = agefregs;

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but I can't seem to find this information with any of the google searches I've tried.

Thank you,