Re: st: Outputting results to a new dataset

From   Maarten buis <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Outputting results to a new dataset
Date   Mon, 2 May 2011 15:36:20 +0100 (BST)

--- brad.cannell wrote:
> Generally, I would like to learn the equivalent of SAS's "out=dataset"
> option. Specifically, I'm working on descriptive tables for a report
> right now. I'm running proportions on categorical variables, and I
> would like stata to save those proportion estimates as a new dataset
> that I can quickly and easily use to make graphs.

A rather specific answer to that question would be to use -contract-

*------------ begin example -------------

sysuse auto, clear
contract rep78, percent(percent) nomiss
*-------------- end example -------------

(For more on examples I sent to the Statalist see: )

An answer that will work for wide variety of estimates (e.g. regression

coefficients and the like) is Roger Newson's -parmest-, to find it type

in Stata: -findit parmest-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie