st: insheet multi threading

From   Argyn Kuketayev <>
Subject   st: insheet multi threading
Date   Sun, 1 May 2011 17:29:20 -0400

why isn't -insheet- command multi-threaded in Stata/MP?

it takes a lot of time to read my data sets in CSV format. It's
clearly NOT disk bound, because I know that copying file is much
faster than loading them into Stata. One of CPU-core is 100% loaded,
wile others are idle, i.e. parsing is taking all the time. Then why
isn't is parallelized?

Argyn Kuketayev