Re: st: how to do a weighted transition matrix

From   Hey Sky <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to do a weighted transition matrix
Date   Fri, 29 Apr 2011 11:50:16 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Nick

thanks for your time and kind answer.

I think now the question connects to how Stata deals weight.

what does it mean when I use aweight to the command tab? it seems it should not
change the result since the help file says aweight is inversely proportional to
the VARIANCE of an observation, usually represent averages, but not the value
itself. but it does have difference when with/out using the weight.

do you think the weight for xttrans in Stata, if it has the option, has the same
principle as tab?  that is, the weight multiplies the value? if not, what would
it be to get the weighted value with command tab?

thanks for your time and kind answer again

Nan
from Montreal