Re: st: how to do a weighted transition matrix

From   Hey Sky <heyskywalker@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: how to do a weighted transition matrix
Date   Fri, 29 Apr 2011 09:37:23 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Nick

thanks for your reply.

my research topic is about the transition probability from one state to another,
e.g., white/blue collar job and self-employment within an unbalanced panel. all
the three states are mutural exclusive dummy variables. the weight is a constant
number but not integer. it adjust the percentage of different people groups,
e.g., there is too many refugee in the survey but less other immigrants so that
the stats bureau uses the weight to adjust it back to represent the  real world.

the following created data are almost the same with the actural one, though I am
not sure about the value of the weight. I checked it once long time ago and
vaguely remember it is just a constant number (I cannot check not due to the
data is not at hand). I used xttrans to get the transition matrix but I have
been required to use weights otherwise I cannot take the results to the public.

hope I make my question clear and thanks for any suggetsions.

clear
input id time w b s weight
1 1 1 0 0 1.8
1 2 1 0 0 1.8