RE: st: Inserting Stata output in Beamer presentation

From   Martial Foucault <>
Subject   RE: st: Inserting Stata output in Beamer presentation
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2011 13:39:41 -0400

Dear Maarten,

You are definitively right. I will try to present main results in a simplified table. But as I do not want to retype all result in a "manual" table under .tex, I am trying to fix the transfer problem from Stata to Tex.

Thanks again.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [] De la part de Maarten buis
Envoyé : mercredi 27 avril 2011 12:41
À :
Objet : Re: st: Inserting Stata output in Beamer presentation

 ---Martial Foucault wrote:
> I face some serious troubles to insert estimations tables into a
> Beamer presentation. Stata tables have been saved using tabout with
> .tex extension. Now I try to display such results into a Beamer
> presentation. But it doesn’t work ! In fact, the table doesn’t fit at
> all with the scale of the document.

That just means that the table is too big to be meaningful in a presentation. We have all been at presentations where someone presented a 15X5 table and the result was just a grey blur on the screen that nobody could read. Moreover, you don't want your

audience to try to grasp 75 numbers and their interrelations while you are talking. I would stick to a 2X2 or 3X3 table maximum for a

presentation. Anything requiring more rows or columns should be

graphed. Alternatively add a footnote saying that there were many other control variables added to your model but that you are not displaying them.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen