Re: st: Inserting Stata output in Beamer presentation

From   Maarten buis <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Inserting Stata output in Beamer presentation
Date   Wed, 27 Apr 2011 17:40:49 +0100 (BST)

 ---Martial Foucault wrote:
> I face some serious troubles to insert estimations tables into a
> Beamer presentation. Stata tables have been saved using tabout
> with .tex extension. Now I try to display such results into a
> Beamer presentation. But it doesn’t work ! In fact, the table
> doesn’t fit at all with the scale of the document.

That just means that the table is too big to be meaningful in a
presentation. We have all been at presentations where someone
presented a 15X5 table and the result was just a grey blur on the
screen that nobody could read. Moreover, you don't want your

audience to try to grasp 75 numbers and their interrelations while
you are talking. I would stick to a 2X2 or 3X3 table maximum for a

presentation. Anything requiring more rows or columns should be

graphed. Alternatively add a footnote saying that there were many
other control variables added to your model but that you are not
displaying them.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie