st: Limit variables in variable dropdown box

Subject   st: Limit variables in variable dropdown box
Date   Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:00:10 +0200

I can hide/show variables in the data editor. I want this to be applied to the variable drop down boxes when I select variables for stats analysis. How do I do this ? Version 11.3 [Apologies - I'm very new with Stata - moving from SPSS - have searched manuals with no success]

Mark Webb