RE: Antwort: st: problems installing outreg2 (Windows Vista)

From   "Girsberger Seelaus, Esther Mirjam" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: Antwort: st: problems installing outreg2 (Windows Vista)
Date   Thu, 21 Apr 2011 01:19:00 -0700

@ Kit, Nick, Dimitriy, Oliver: Thanks for your helping comments!

I finally managed to get outreg2 installed. How? Update Stata to version 11.2 and then I could use the 'ssc install outreg2, all replace'. It no longer led to a crash but indeed installed the package. *smile* Why it worked? No clue.

Esther Mirjam

Esther Mirjam Girsberger Seelaus
PHD Candidate
Economics Department
European University Institute
Via della Piazzuola 43
50133 Firenze

From: [] On Behalf Of Christopher Baum []
Sent: 20 April 2011 20:14
Subject: RE: Antwort: st: problems installing outreg2 (Windows Vista)

And no, I cannot get a description of outreg2. (ssc des outreg2 also leads to a crash). What do you mean by adjusting the settings for your proxy server under general settings in Stata?

That is indeed what you need to do. Under Preferences, Internet, you need to include proxy server settings.

To test whether this is the problem: what happens if you do

update query

If that also crashes Stata (which it should not in any case, but then we are talking about Vista) then you need to contact your I/T people and get details of the proxy server in use, and install them in Stata's prefs.

Kit Baum   |   Boston College Economics and DIW Berlin   |
An Introduction to Stata Programming   |
An Introduction to Modern Econometrics Using Stata   |