Re: st: Data preparation for Multilevel and Item Response Models

From   Scott Baldwin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Data preparation for Multilevel and Item Response Models
Date   Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:30:12 -0600

Try the following.

*some item level data in wide format
webuse bg2, clear

*6 items

*reshape to long format
reshape long bg2cost, i(clinid) j(item)

*the gen option of tabulate will create the dummy variables -- one for each item
*add the quietly prefix to suppress the tabulate outpute
tabulate item, gen(item)

Depending on how your data are structured you may need to do make some
adjustments.

Best,
Scott