Re: st: Pooling Data

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: Pooling Data
Date   Fri, 15 Apr 2011 00:23:01 +0100

Dennis Kramer replied:

> I am  attempting to compare the effectiveness of teachers in two
> districts (based on a common evaluation tool) where the student test
> scores outcomes are calculated differently. the first district
> calculates the scores on a cumulative gain index standardized across a
> number of factors and the other district uses a value-added index.

I think I'll do my best impersonation of a David Greenberg posting and
say that, to me, your problem appears to cry out for a multilevel
modelling solution, perhaps via -gllamm-.

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson