st: comparison of means

From   "Abelev, Melissa" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: comparison of means
Date   Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:09:56 -0400

Hi -

I'm trying to do some simple descriptive statistics.  I want to do a
two-group comparison of means.  The trick is that the data are weighted,
and stata's "classical tests of hypotheses" doesn't allow me to do it.
I found a journal article on a relatively complex calculation to do it
by hand.  I'm hoping stata has a way to do this.  Is there?

- Melissa