Re: st: comparison of means

From   Richard Goldstein <>
Subject   Re: st: comparison of means
Date   Tue, 12 Apr 2011 15:19:19 -0400

you don't say exactly what you want to do, but you can use regression to
do a t-test (e.g.); make the values your left-hand-side variable and the
only predictors are the dummy for group and the constant; the result for
the dummy will then be exactly the same as what you would get from a
t-test; you can also correct for unequal variances (vce(robust) option)
and to other things, and, of course, regress allows for weights