Re: st: STATA 9.2 ICE

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: STATA 9.2 ICE
Date   Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:35:07 +0100

-ice- is from SSC. You are asked to say where user-written commands
you refer to come from.

Almost the first thing -ice- does is

local cmdline : copy local 0

but in fact that construct is not allowed in Stata 9.2. You could
upgrade to Stata 11 (I doubt that Stata will sell you a copy of Stata
10), or you could try replacing that line with

local cmdline `0'

except don't blame me or Patrick Royston if that does not work. For
much more context, see

I have a certain version of Stata and have come across a user-written
program that is apparently written for a later version of Stata. What
are my options?