Antwort: Re: Re: Re: Re: st: 'margin' and marg. effects of second-order polynomials

From   Justina Fischer <JFischer@diw.de>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Antwort: Re: Re: Re: Re: st: 'margin' and marg. effects of second-order polynomials
Date   Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:44:40 +0100

Tirthankar,

some further exploration into my data (I am estimating an ordered probit, not a probit) revealed that I chose the values of my explanatory variables such that by coincidence facevalues of marginal effects appeared identical.

Choosing differing values changed that picture. Hence, you are right, and I am very happy with the 'margins'-results.

As aside: Of course I read the manual prior to experimenting with a new command - it is the feature of getting marginal effects rights for polynomials why I wanted to switch from using mfx. Please be so kind to stop being offensive.

Justina