st: how to fill some gross wage missings if I have the net wage

From   "Laura R." <laura.roh@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: how to fill some gross wage missings if I have the net wage
Date   Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:10:59 +0100

Dear all,

for some reason, I would like to use the gross wage for my estimations. However,

- only 30% of respondents have given both net and gross wage, while
- 70% of respondents have only given their net wage.

These data are all from the same country and therefore underlying the
same tax laws. So on the basis those who gave both gross and net wage
and with the help of the net wage of those where the gross wage is
missing, can I impute the missing gross wages? If so, how could I
implement this in Stata?

It would be great if someone could give me a hint on literature about that.

Best Regards
Laura