RE: st: Translator for SAS/SPSS control files?

From   "David Radwin" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Translator for SAS/SPSS control files?
Date   Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:18:36 -0800 (PST)

A free alternative to SPSS is PSPP
(http://www.gnu.org/software/pspp/pspp.html), although I cannot personally
vouch for its ability to open your dataset. If you could enter the data
using PSPP and save it to SPSS format, you could use Sergiy Radyakin's
-usespss- to open the .sav file in Stata.

The latter program is available at SSC and also is free. It requires 32
bit Stata for Windows.

If this method works for you, or even if it doesn't, please write back to
Statalist for the benefit of future readers.

David
--
David Radwin
Research Associate