Re: st: Uninstalling older versions of stata?

From   "Michael N. Mitchell" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Uninstalling older versions of stata?
Date   Sun, 05 Dec 2010 20:15:48 -0800

Dear Ariel

Others might have differing opinions, but my preference is to retain previous versions of Stata on my computer. I do this for a couple of reasons...

  1) The older version appears to have no impact on the newer version.
  2) The older version does not take up much space.

  and perhaps most importantly...

3) If something odd happens with my current version of Stata, I can run the same commands in the previous version and see if the behavior is the same in the previous version. (Some might say that version control would yield the same result, but I don't know if that is always the case.)

  and maybe a fourth reason...

  4) I am lazy.

I hope this helps,

Michael N. Mitchell