Re: st: RE: complicated scatterplot with connected points

From   Antoine Terracol <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: complicated scatterplot with connected points
Date   Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:17:14 +0100

is this what you are looking for?

input str10 id_city x1 y1 x2 y2 x3 y3 str10 city1 str10 city2 str10 city3 "Portland" 34 64 23 78 54 67 "Portland1" "Portland2" "Portland3" "Chicago" 53 72 33 52 91 77 "Chicago1" "Chicago2" "Chicago3" "Boston" 50 70 30 50 90 70 "Boston1" "Boston2" "Boston3"

reshape long x y city, i(id_city) j(period)

sort id_city period

twoway (connected y x if id_city=="Portland", mlabel(city)) ///
(connected y x if id_city=="Chicago", mlabel(city)) ///
(connected y x if id_city=="Boston", mlabel(city))