st: Difference-in-Difference with N=4, missing std. errors

From   Jennifer Maki <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Difference-in-Difference with N=4, missing std. errors
Date   Sun, 5 Dec 2010 09:10:08 -0700

Statalist:I'm trying to use difference in differences to tease out the effect of a policy change.  I'm using country level data and have yearly figures for both countries.  I averaged them so that I have a figure representing the 5-year average pre & post treatment for both countries. leaving me with 4 observations.  When I estimate this using the regress command in Stata, the coefficient on the interaction term is what I get when I calculate the difference in difference by hand, but I don't get standard errors or p-values in the output.  Is there a way to get this information so that I  can present the statistical significance of my findings?
Thanks you,Jen