st: somersd resampling question

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <>
Subject   st: somersd resampling question
Date   Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:04:40 -0500

Hi - I want to use Kendall's Tau-a to characterize similarity between two multinomial samples. My question is whether the resampling in -somersd- to get standard errors is valid when comparing two multinomial samples, since technically the "obervations" (i.e. frequency counts) are not mutually independent. Anyone have an opinion on this?

Al Feiveson