st: Getting Regression Output for Effect Size Calculation

From   "Eric Howard" <EHOWARD@serve.org>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Getting Regression Output for Effect Size Calculation
Date   Fri, 29 Oct 2010 11:17:19 -0400

Statalist,

I would like to calculate an effect size (Cohen's d) myself using an Excel file instead of using the sizefx command and was wondering how I can get n sizes, mean outcomes, and standard deviations from OLS (using reg command) regression output for my treated and comparison groups.

Thanks in advance!
Eric Howard

Eric S. Howard, M.A.
SERVE Center at the
University of North Carolina at Greensboro
P.O. Box 5367
Greensboro, NC 27435
(800) 755-3277
(336) 315-7431 - Direct