Re: st: somersd resampling question

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: somersd resampling question
Date   Fri, 29 Oct 2010 18:00:33 +0100

Resampling is valid with -somersd-, as long as the units resampled are clusters rather than non-independent observations within clusters. In your case, if you start with frequency counts and want to use a resampling method, then you will presumably have to expand the dataset (using -expgen-, -reshape- or some similar command) to get the units to be resampled.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil