st: Error message loading data set

From   Christian Lyhne Ibsen <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: Error message loading data set
Date   Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:16:52 +0200

Upon loading a .dta file that was converted from SPSS I got the following message:

insufficient memory for value label e03
above message refers to value label e03; value label not loaded

The file is 8 MB and has 636 variables.
Changing the work space memory and matrix size did not help. I'm using STATA 11.1 IC. What could be wrong and how can I fix it? Thanks.

Christian Lyhne Ibsen
Ph.d. stipendiat
Telefon: +45 35 32 39 04
Mobil: +45 21 85 02 43
Fax: +45 35 32 39 40

Forskningscenter for Arbejdsmarkeds- og Organisationsstudier
Sociologisk Institut, Københavns Universitet
Øster Farimagsgade 5, Postbox 2099
1014 København K