Re: st: survival analysis

From   Steve Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: survival analysis
Date   Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:59:23 -0400

Martine Ettiene:

This sounds like a "cohort" of patients who were defined at time 1 and
about whom information was gathered at time 2

Some questions to clarify your problem:

1. What was the event of interest?   Could the event have happened
more than once to a patient?

2. When you say, "retrospective", do you mean that, if the event took
place between time 1 and time 2 you have the date?

3. Are there any patients for which the only information is that the
event took place between time 1 and time 2, but the dates are
uncertain (e.g. you have only month) or missing?

4. Are there patients for whom you have _no_ information at time 2?

For your information:  Our program is spelled "Stata", not "STATA"
(see section 8.2 of the FAQ).

Steven J. Samuels
18 Cantine's Island
Saugerties NY 12477