st: survival analysis

From   martine etienne <>
Subject   st: survival analysis
Date   Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:23:24 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Statalist,

I have a question about using survival analysis in STATA. I have a
cross-sectional dataset (of patients on a particular regimen from time 1 to time
2).  The thing I'm unsure about is my time 2 which is really the date of the
cross-sectional data collection. I have previous dates going back
retrospectively from cross-sectional data analysis to date 1.

Can I use survival analysis with this cross-sectional data?