st: Error message I don't understand

From   <bob.billings@labour-travail.gc.ca>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Error message I don't understand
Date   Fri, 15 Oct 2010 11:25:59 -0400

I have a long program to produce some simple tables, but get what seems to be an unrelated error message.   Could someone help me?

Here are my commands:

 sort cmanew;

by cmanew: table vismin lf_act [weight = wt], c(sum counter) format f(9.0) col row center;

Here is the error message:

-> cmanew = Toronto.......
(frequency weights assumed)
factor variables and time-series operators not allowed

Bob Billings
Chief, Data Development and Research
> Labour Standards and Workplace Equity
> Labour Program, HRSDC