Re: st: Question regarding "multiple responses"

From   "Michael N. Mitchell" <Michael.Norman.Mitchell@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Question regarding "multiple responses"
Date   Mon, 04 Oct 2010 19:08:01 -0700

Greetings

  I wonder if the -tablist- command might help you with this, see

. net install tablist, from(http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/ado/analysis)

  It allows you to create n-way tables in a tabular format. So, you could do something like

. tablist econ soc engin father mother professor friend

However, I think such a table could get unwieldy and sparse very quickly. But, this might be insightful...

. tablist econ soc engin father

. tablist econ soc engin mother

. tablist econ soc engin professor

. tablist econ soc engin friend

So, this would show you the conference participation (for all categories) broken down by each method of how you heard about the conference.

  I hope that is helpful.

Best regards,

Michael N. Mitchell
Data Management Using Stata      - http://www.stata.com/bookstore/dmus.html