st: Question regarding "multiple responses"

From   Sehee Han <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Question regarding "multiple responses"
Date   Tue, 5 Oct 2010 10:57:59 +0900

Hello,
I have a question regarding "multiple responses". I know that stata's
mrtab command can deal with multiple responses (by a regular variable)
but is it possible for the mrtab command, or for any of stata's
commands, to deal with multiple responses (by multiple responses)?
For example, let's say I have two multiple choice questions.
Which of the following conferences have you participated in? (Check
all that apply)
1. Economics 2. Sociology 3. Engineering

And secondly, how did you learn about the conferences you have
participated in? (Check all that apply)
1. Father 2. Mother 3. Professor 4. Friend

Using the responses, I would like to make a 2-way table showing
"multiple response by multiple response".

Many thanks.