st: RE: Data Filtering Question ...

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Data Filtering Question ...
Date   Fri, 24 Sep 2010 22:11:48 +0200

<>

***********
list if hascontent_binary==1
list if totalstudents > 10 & !mi(totalstudents)
list if inrange(TotalHits, 50, 100000)
***********

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of John Whitmer
Sent: Freitag, 24. September 2010 22:04
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Data Filtering Question ...

I just installed Stata v11 this morning, and have been getting my hands
dirty.  As you might tell, I'm analyzing a dataset from a Learning
Management System for a university.

I'm flummoxed about how to filter data.  I'd appreciate your help, I've
tried the help files and searched the web to little avail.  I've found the
"Filter Observations" menu, but all my expressions are returning errors.

Here are examples of the filters I'd like to run:

Variable "hascontent_binary" =1
Variable "totalstudents" > 10
Variable "TotalHits" is between 50 and 100,000

Apologies for the newbie question - you can relieve a headache today!

Thanks, John

John Whitmer
E: jcwhitmer@gmail.com
P: 530.554.1528