st: Data Filtering Question ...

From   John Whitmer <jcwhitmer@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Data Filtering Question ...
Date   Fri, 24 Sep 2010 13:04:07 -0700

I just installed Stata v11 this morning, and have been getting my hands dirty.  As you might tell, I'm analyzing a dataset from a Learning Management System for a university.

I'm flummoxed about how to filter data.  I'd appreciate your help, I've tried the help files and searched the web to little avail.  I've found the "Filter Observations" menu, but all my expressions are returning errors.

Here are examples of the filters I'd like to run:

Variable "hascontent_binary" =1
Variable "totalstudents" > 10
Variable "TotalHits" is between 50 and 100,000

Apologies for the newbie question - you can relieve a headache today!

Thanks, John

John Whitmer
E: jcwhitmer@gmail.com
P: 530.554.1528