st: selecting consecutive years timeseries

From   "Biljana Dlab" <dlab@isb.uzh.ch>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: selecting consecutive years timeseries
Date   Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:34:49 +0200

Dear all,

I am beginner with stata and am trying to find solution for my problem.

Namely, I have period from 1980-1995 and about 50 firms. For some firms
there is date for all year for other firms not.

Now I need to select those firm-years that are at least 4 consecutive
years long.

Any ideas and tips how to do that?

Thanks a lot.

Best,