st: RE: op. refuses to provide memory

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: op. refuses to provide memory
Date   Mon, 13 Sep 2010 08:30:14 +0200

Is your Win 7 32-bit? See

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Benjamin Villena
Sent: Montag, 13. September 2010 07:46
To: Statalist
Subject: st: op. refuses to provide memory

I have Stata 11 MP-2 and Windows 7.
I'm running a program that requests 1300m of memory. The command is of
set mem 1300m
This works when I just restarted the computer, but if I have worked for a
while in Stata, the operative system only allows me to allocate a bit more
than 700m. I restart my computer and I am allowed to get 1300m I need.
What's going on here? Any suggestions?