st: op. refuses to provide memory

From   Benjamin Villena Roldan <>
To   Statalist <>
Subject   st: op. refuses to provide memory
Date   Mon, 13 Sep 2010 01:45:40 -0400

I have Stata 11 MP-2 and Windows 7.
I'm running a program that requests 1300m of memory. The command is of course
set mem 1300m
This works when I just restarted the computer, but if I have worked for a while in Stata, the operative system only allows me to allocate a bit more than 700m. I restart my computer and I am allowed to get 1300m I need. What's going on here? Any suggestions?