st: RE: Identifying influential observations after svy: logit command

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Identifying influential observations after svy: logit command
Date   Sat, 11 Sep 2010 00:36:57 +0200

<>

This presentation may well be relevant:
http://www.stata.com/meeting/dcconf09/dc09_valliant.pdf

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Carl Filler
Sent: Freitag, 10. September 2010 19:18
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Identifying influential observations after svy: logit command

Hi -

I'm running diagnostics after logistic regression and I'm using survey data
so I'm using the svy: logit command (I have StataSE v11). This is the first
time I've worked with weights and survey data and I am having trouble since
the old way that I identified outliers was through predicting residuals (I
basically would follow this:
http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/webbooks/logistic/chapter3/statalog3.htm)
, and the commands I used with non-survey data don't seem to be allowed
after svy estimation. Can anyone point me to some good articles, books,
sources, websites, or commands (I'm not picky) that will allow me to
identify influential observations/outliers?

I appreciate any help you can provide - and apologize for any errors or
ignorance above!

Carl