Re: st: not concave Poisson estimation

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: not concave Poisson estimation
Date   Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:59:46 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Fri, 10/9/10, Estrella Gomez wrote:
> Now I have changed the specification, since there is no
> variation over importer and exporter.
> xtpoisson depvar indepvars i.year, re
> However, I still have the same problem.

As always with these kinds of problems start simple. In
such a case I would just start without any indepvars or
year. After that add your variables one by one. Than you
have a more concrete idea what variables are causing your
problem (my suspicion is i.year in combination with some
of your (virtually) time constant indepvars).

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen