Re: st: RE: RE: xline on top of rarea

From   David Elliott <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: xline on top of rarea
Date   Fri, 10 Sep 2010 09:43:23 -0300

This is a common problem when using filled areas.  It would make a
great deal of sense to have a [x|y]line(####,[front|back]) syntax so
the user could specify when in the process of drawing the graph
objects the [x|y]line is drawn.  This is why the -pcarrowi- approach
works, one specifies it after the plot with the area fill options and
plots are drawn in the order written.  Frankly, I think Stata should
have the option for the [x|y]line to be drawn on a plot after the
other objects have been drawn and suspect the programming changes
would be minor.

DC Elliott

On 9 September 2010 20:17, Martin Weiss <[email protected]> wrote:

> <>
>

> BTW,
>

> *************
> sysuse auto, clear
> tw (lfitci mpg weight)
>
> may be an interesting alternative for you...
>
> HTH
> Martin

David Elliott

Everything is theoretically impossible, until it is done.
Progress is made by lazy men looking for easier ways to do things.
 -- Robert A. Heinlein (American science-fiction Writer, 1907-1988)