Re: st: Stata book

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata book
Date   Fri, 03 Sep 2010 21:52:37 -0500

At 03:44 PM 9/3/2010, David Tandberg wrote:
I will be teaching a intermediate methods course. We use STATA and I would
like my students to purchase and have on hand an intermediate level STATA
book or manual. A single volume book is what I am after that they can
reference throughout the course (we will be covering a multitude of topic
from basic OLS, to logit/Probit, Panel data, etc.). I want a quick reference
that provides the syntax and some explanation for various methods and

A gentle introduction to Stata, 3rd edition, has pretty broad coverage and includes some of the latest and greatest Stata features. See

Also, I've always thought Stata's User Guide provides a good intro to many features -- and in Stata 11 it comes free as a PDF file.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu