st: AW: display minutes and seconds?

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: display minutes and seconds?
Date   Wed, 25 Aug 2010 19:17:00 +0200

set obs 1
gen str20 myvar="20/Jul/2010 11:34:53"
gen double mydate =clock(myvar, "DMY hms")
di in r %tcMonth_DD,_CCYY_HH:MM:SS mydate

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von B. Timothy
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 25. August 2010 19:00
Betreff: st: display minutes and seconds?

I've read in some dates/times, and would like to be able to see not only
month-date-year, but also hours:minutes:seconds. I think I can see how to
extract these if I want to compose a string, but it would be useful to see
such details in the data editor. Is there a way to format? (In looking for
a solution, I'm starting to think not.)
I'm a novice STATA user, running STATA-11.
Tim Walsh